What is MOPS?
MOPS at QSUMC is a place to find friendship, community, resources, support and spiritual enrichment for you as a woman and mother so that you know you're not alone. This unique organization of women encourages and supports all mothers to be the best they can be! The program includes teaching by mentors and guest speakers, discussion and opportunities to develop creatively and spiritually.
We encourage, equip and develop moms as women, mothers and leaders. MOPS moms journey together, sharing real relationships that are transformative and learning leadership development skills that will enrich the lives they touch. We aim to see no mom alone because when we impact a mom, we impact children, families, and ultimately our world.
Who can come?
This program is designed for mothers and led by mothers to meet the distinct needs of moms with children from birth to Kindergarten.
What can I expect from each meeting?
Each meeting gives us a chance to connect with other mothers through discussions relating to children, womanhood, home and marriage, and also creative activities. Join us for times of learning, encouragement, fun and friendship!
When are the meetings?
MOPS at QSUMC meets twice each month on Fridays from 9:00-11:30am.
The 2017-2018 meeting dates are: Sept 8 & 22, Oct 13 & 27, Nov 10, Dec 8, Jan 12 & 26, Feb 9 & 23, Mar 9, Apr 13 & 27, May 11 & 25
What about my kids?
While moms are enjoying their time together, their children will be in the care of professional preschool teachers. Using the "MOPPETS" curriculums Sing n' Sprout and What's in the Bible, the children will be engaged in fun learning activities as well as free play and snack time.
How much does it cost?
The 2017-2018 MOPS fees are $60 per semester, or $120 per year. There is also a $31.95 MOPS International Membership Fee. We ask that you pay the fees by the third meeting. Scholarships are available by contacting Jeanine Randall, MOPS Coordinator. Payments can be made online by clicking here. Please select the "Mothers of Preschoolers" option when paying online. Payment by check can be mailed to Quail Springs UMC, or delivered in person to the church office. Make checks out to MOPS at QSUMC.
What do my fees include?
The MOPS at QSUMC fee includes the cost of child care and snacks in our professionally-staffed MOPPET program, fun take home crafts for you and your children, and other necessary meeting items.
When you become a MOPS Member you get:
- A guidebook to help transform each mom’s year
- Postcards and prints to show MOPS pride and spread some love
- A small jewelry item that matches the yearly theme
- And of course lots of other surprises that’ll cause spontaneous smiles
- An annual subscription to The MOPS Magazine delivered right to every mom’s doorstep
- Weekly emails about what moms are talking about – parenting, womanhood, sex, marriage and so much more
- Exclusive downloadables from our favorite artists, authors, boss-moms, and culture and faith influencers
- Invitation to the mother-of-all mom meet-ups: MOPS groups (more than 4,000 meeting worldwide!)
- Exclusive Member only discount to the world’s largest mothering conference – MOMcon
- Access to select live-streaming sessions at MOMcon
- Support and encouragement for Global MOPS – helping embolden moms in more than 40 countries around the world